Health & Safety Policy Statement
The Steel Ball Company Ltd (therein after called the Company) will take all reasonably practical precautions to ensure the health and safety at work of its employees whether at the Company premises or when carrying out its business elsewhere and also recognises that a duty of care extends to other persons whilst they are on Company premises.
The responsibility for safety at work belongs to all Company employees be they upper management, foremen or operatives and to employees of contractors variously employed.
The Company through its employees also accepts responsibility for the health and safety of others affected by its actions.
To achieve these aims the Company will:
- Provide a safe working environment in the operation and maintenance of all equipment and facilities.
- Establish safe systems of work.
- Ensure that all persons are competent to perform the duties expected of them.
- Provide information, instruction, training and supervision where appropriate.
- Co-operate with their clients, employees, sub-contractors and others with an interest in health and safety.
- Determine safe arrangements for the use, handling, storage and transportation of articles and substances.
- Provide a safe place of work including access to it and egress from it.
The Company expects employees to conform to this policy and with The Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 and to exercise all reasonable care for their own health and safety and that of others who may be affected by their acts or omissions.
This policy and the way it has operated will be reviewed annually to reflect any changes in the nature and size of the business or new or amended legislation.
The Managing Director has ultimate authority and responsibility in relation to all health and safety topics affecting The Company.
The Company employs Premier Risk Services of 14/16 Ivegate, Yeadon, Leeds LS19 7RE as advisors.